From 2012 to 2014, I edited and contributed to Idealists in Action, the blog of nonprofit connection hub Idealist.
I also wrote technical copy, drafted press releases, and edited reports for the organization; authored posts for sister site Idealist Careers; and worked with translators to cross-post content between Idealist and its Spanish and French analogs, Idealistas and Idealiste.
Here are some of my favorite posts and projects:
From Idealists in Action:
- “‘TAPIN: Through self-reflection, a broader definition of ‘social good’“
- “Chiditarod: America’s coolest food drive/shopping cart race?“
- “Help Ellen help veterans with alternative medicine“
From Idealist Careers:
- “For a successful job search, deepen your self knowledge“
- “What if you don’t want to be a manager?“
- “Beyond salary: 12 additional perks to negotiate“
Daily digests. In 2013, I hooked our blog subscribers up with sweet-looking MailChimp digest emails, so they’d get a pretty daily summary of all the great things we wrote about in the past 24 hours. This helped to boost subscribership by 2000% over six months.
Voices from the Sector. This 2012 report summarized the key findings of an Idealist-issue survey taken by over 1,000 U.S. nonprofits. I helped Idealist’s HR team craft the questions, copyedited the report, and worked with the graphic designer to smoothly dovetail content with layout.