From 2011 to 2016, I contributed my writing, editing, and interviewing chops to this hugely popular website and book about vinyl records and the people who collect them. D&G has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Billboard, Esquire, Vice, and many more.
Here’s some praise!
- An Amazon Best Book of the Year
- An O Magazine Holiday Gift Pick
- “Visceral and joyous.” —The New York Times
- “Fascinating [and] extremely intimate.” —Billboard
- “Beautiful and engrossing.” —Wired
- “Almost any reader will find something to appreciate in the passion of collectors and the beauty of Paz’s images.” —Slate
In 2013, I traveled with Dust & Grooves creator Eilon Paz around the U.S. to track down and interview hardcore record collectors. In 2014, the first edition of the D&G hardcover book—for which I contributed three essays and a lot of editing work—was published. In six months, we were sold out (yeah!).
Here are some of my favorite D&G stories: