This assortment of my other writing and editing contributions and projects includes interviews with scrappy street musicians, captions for a Russian luxury travel magazine, and advice for retiring baby boomers who want to volunteer.
- It was my pleasure to talk with grassroots leaders in L.A., for the boss website Locavesting, about their efforts to transform the city’s gridlocked boulevards into a network of safe public venues for community, culture, and greenery.
- Brooklyn and frugality go together like PB + J. I’ve been happy to cover various aspects of the good, cheap life for Brokelyn.
- An interview I did about obsessive vinyl record collectors for Medium has been viewed over 67,000 times. Play on!
- I also wrote for Medium about my music producer friend who followed a homeless teenage singer off the subway and recorded his demo for free.
- I contributed my first story to The Huffington Post. It’s about my mom’s writing.
- Peacebuilding practitioner Amy Rebecca Marsico hired me to help brand and build her website Kaleidoscope in Motion.
- I was introduced to the great Milton Allimadi and wrote about community involvement in neighborhood development for Black Star News.
- A photographer friend and I journeyed to Guatemala and teamed up to pitch this feature to Russian luxury travel magazine Afisha-Mir. (Naturally, my captions were translated into Russian after I wrote them, but I’m sure they retained their original beauty.)
- I was asked by Next Avenue—a PBS website for people over age 50 who want to make the most of “adulthood part two”—to contribute a piece about volunteering in retirement.
- nthWORD is an online magazine devoted to covering arts and culture for interesting people. I interviewed my idol Rick Berlin for their November 2011 issue.
- Artists Unite is a nonprofit dedicated to providing quality arts programming and to helping artists of all genres collaborate on projects. In 2007, I interviewed Galapagos Art Space founder and director Robert Elmes for their blog.
- In 2001, a street poetry collective I read with in college published three of my poems in the book Speak These Words: a Guerilla Poets anthology. You can still buy it on Amazon!